We offer a variety of services mostly focused on making your SQL Server and related code run faster and more efficiently. If you would like to discuss a service that isn’t below please get in touch.
SQL Server Health Checks
Got a server in trouble? We offer a 3 day SQL Server Health Check designed to fix it.
Using our proprietary app we gather a range of metrics on your SQL Server and provide a full report that we will go through together. We’ll walk through what information was gathered and how to get the SQL Server back into shape.
As part of this, we will give you the knowledge and abilities to tackle these issues yourself. We’re not just going to tell you what to fix, we’ll go through why these things need fixing and how to check it on other servers. We will give you a copy of all of the analysis scripts that we use as part of this health check so you can run them on other servers after our engagement.
Startup Consulting DBA
Is your company developing software using SQL Server but not quite large enough to employ a full time development DBA? We can fill that gap. We offer the following services, use as many or as few as you like;
- A full rundown of your current code base to ensure it’s as good as it could be.
- Code reviews – We can review your pull requests and database code changes to ensure they’re up to standards, just like your own DBA would do.
- Training sessions for developers (if necessary) to reduce the amount of time you need us!
- Performance reviews on servers whenever they’re needed.
- Analysis of your most intensive queries and performance tune them.
- Index analysis to ensure all indexes are required and whether there are any new ones that would improve performance.
- Database Configuration – Microsoft defaults are pretty bad (and about 20 years old), we’ll analyse your current settings to ensure they’re right for your particular use case.
We’ll agree to a set number of hours a week (whatever suits you) and talk through a list of priorities on your system. We want you to get the best value out of this and we want to focus on getting your largest problems fixed first.
Bespoke SQL Server Training
We offer an option of providing SQL Server training suited specifically to fit your organisation.
Don’t worry about receiving some generic training that wasn’t specifically designed for you.
Contact us and we’ll discuss your specific situation, your current knowledge levels are now and where you want to get to after the training. We’ll design a bespoke training solution for you.
We can do this on-site or remotely depending upon your needs.