This month’s T-SQL Tuesday invite comes from Mohammad Darab and invites a letter to your 20 year old self. I love this idea for a theme and am really looking forward to other people’s write-ups. To date this in time, I’m currently 35 so this will be a 15 year flashback.
I’ll be honest, I don’t have many regrets in life. Some things haven’t gone as I’d have expected but everything has happened together to bring me to where I am now.
Some pieces of advice I would have sent back to my 20 year old self:
- That degree you’re doing? Yeah, complete that because you’ll be paying it off for the next 15 years.
- Don’t stress about your career yet, that will sort itself out in due time.
- Don’t stop playing Rugby, you’ll get fat.
- Enjoy your hair while you have it.
- Finally: don’t worry, you’ll grow into your face;
There’s not a lot of professional suggestions there, that’s probably a mix of how happy I am with my career as it currently is as well as how much my life has changed over the last 15 years.
I quite like the introspective of this post so see you in another 5 years for another update!